Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm a Foodie, You're a Foodie....

I admit it. I love good food. I mean really excellent, beautiful, and sometimes even pretentious food. Is there anything better than a gorgeous plate that is filled with not just food, but someone's delicious artistic expression? I think not! Luckily, I have a few friends that are also foodies, so I get some excellent recommendations for where to eat and what. They have great taste in food, and so do I! (By the way, if I give you a recommendation for food, you can trust that it's worth checking out...my standards are high!) So this past weekend when we were in Kansas City, we took a recommendation of a friend and fellow foodie and tried a gelato place in Park Place in Overland Park.  This was A-MAZ-ING!  I mean seriously, I cannot tell you how awesome it was!   
There were so many flavors, the shop was so quaint, and the people working there were so nice, but really the important thing was that the gelato was unbelievably delicious!  It was creamy and light and sooo good.  However, the thing I loved the best was that I realized that Ryan and I have passed on our foodie tendencies to our sons.  I'll show you what I mean....
Look how excited Gavin is before he even starts eating.  He is smiling, not because he's tasted the yumminess of his mint chocolate gelato, but because of the sheer anticipation of the first scrumptious bite.  Now, Brennon has just taken his first bite, and it may not look like much, but just a moment later...

Pure bliss....ahhh.....
Sea salted caramel......omg.....
I should have gotten a picture of Ryan's banana chocolate chunk, but I couldn't stop concentrating on my own long enough to do that.....and then it was gone by the time I thought of it, which by the way wasn't that long.
This gelato made me so excited that I decided to do a super creepy stepfordish smile...
I scared you a little bit didn't I? 
Ok, here's some more enjoyment, less creepiness...
Brennon couldn't even stop eating long enough to give me a smile...
Gavy will always give me a "cheese", but I did hurry, because I knew he wasn't going to last long with that much gelato still in his cup...
Right back to it. Do you know what else I love?  Even in this tiny little kiddie size, they can fit several flavors.  So, Gavin got half mint chocolate (has to be just like his brother) and half raspberry cheesecake, because, well, he's a boy after his mama's heart.
This was by far, the saddest moment in Kansas City this weekend.  If you were very quiet and still, you probably could have sensed the sadness all over the city.  If I had money to waste, I would drive up there every few days just to experience this gelato in all of its glorious flavors.  Seriously, it is that good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment