Friday, April 5, 2013

High Five For Friday!

I love the idea of High Five For Friday (H54F)...looking back on the week and seeing the highlights of where you've been and what you've done.  I've read a lot of blogs that participate, but I never had.  So I decided with a week as packed full as ours was, it was the perfect time for me to do it, so here we go...

1. We started the week in Springfield for Easter.   We sure missed having Ryan there with us on Easter morning, but it was still fun and special as we celebrated our risen Lord with Gramma and Poppo!


2. On Tuesday, my baby Fletcher turned 8 months old!  I hate it!  No, I don't, but it's just that delicate balance between wanting my baby to stay tiny forever and enjoying seeing him grow.  But seriously, I do not like the fact that he's getting past the part where he lets me hold him forever, because he wants to be down and exploring the world around him.  8 months...how can this be?


3. Wednesday was my birthday! Woo hoo! It was actually really super.  The hubs actually stayed home on his day off, took care of all the laundry and dishes, brought me flowers and a gift certificate to a massage (who doesn't love that!?!) and we went to lunch in Bartlesville at my favorite restaurant, Frank & Lola's...YUM!  Also, that night my father-in-law and dear friend, Jenifer came over to join us for carrot cake!  It was such a nice, special day...I really loved it!  And also, who doesn't love birthdays on Facebook? You can't help but feel special!



4. Yesterday was Elegant Day in kindergarten. The kids dressed elegantly, ate elegantly, read and sang elegantly, and ballroom danced together. It was probably the sweetest thing ever, and this mama got a little teary at the sight of Brennon dancing with his sweet friend, Kenedi. It was like a glimpse into his future as I know someday he'll be dancing with a girl (other than me...boo hoo!) at his prom and even his wedding. On those days, I'm sure it will seem like just a whisper away from this day. My son is so handsome, just like his daddy. Be still my heart...


5. Yesterday, Gavin also had an Easter party at preschool. It was so cute. The kids had made fruit kabobs with marshmallows, there was a chocolate fountain, a lemonade fountain, cookies, and an Easter egg hunt. They even told us their Bible verse, all with cute little actions. We love Gavy's school, and he does too!


Hope y'all have a fab Friday & a great weekend. I sure plan to!
If you want to do your own H54F, you can link up over here!
 photo H54Fbutton-triangle_zps678b65ba.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment